DEPUTY DIRECTOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
POST: DEPUTY DIRECTOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
RESPONSIBLE TO: DIRECTOR FAMILY HEALTH
STATION: MINISTRY OF HEALTH & CHILD CARE-HEAD OFFICE
Responsible for providing leadership, guidance and oversight to the Reproductive Health Services.
Development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review of Reproductive Health policies, strategies, goals and objectives based on national and global trends and the sustainable development goals.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures and promote best quality practices.
- Coordinates the development of reproductive health training programmes for the health workers and the general public including providing advice on long term Human Resources Development strategies.
- Serving as a resource person in training activities as appropriate and assist in upgrading service protocols and maintaining high service delivery.
- Provides technical leadership, advice, support and supervision in reproductive health programmes.
- Promotes and participates in reproductive health operational research and contribute to research finding dissemination and utilization.
- Ensures the provision of quality services through effective and efficient use of appropriate technology.
- Manages and participates in the development and administration of the department’s budget, review and approve provincial plans and budgets
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains and evaluates systems and ensure availability of standardized equipment, essential resources and supplies at the right place and at all times.
- Ensures integration of gender perspectives in all programmes.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and other plans and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. A basic qualification in Nursing Sciences or a basic degree in Medical Sciences.
- A post basic qualification at Masters Level in Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health Nursing, Public Health or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ post-graduate work experience.
- Current registration with the Relevant Professional Council.
- Closing date: 25 December 2020