REPORTS TO: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
STATION: (i) Gwanda Provincial Hospital
(ii) Chivhu General Hospital
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to the Hospital Executive Committee, Departmental Heads and staff of the hospital in order to deliver quality medical care.
- Formulates and executes short and long term policies for the hospital in line with guidelines provided by the Provincial Medical Director.
- Monitors and evaluates services provided by the hospital regularly.
- Ensures cost effective and efficient use of all resources in the hospital and its satellite stations.
- Ensures effective management of clinical services and non-clinical support services.
- Effects sound human resources management and development i.e. ensure staff performance appraisals are done, identify staff development needs and training programmes etc.
- In consultation with the Provincial Medical Director ensures that Ministry of Health and Child Care and provincial health policies are adhered to.
- Performs clinical duties when necessary.
- Convenes medical boards required for civil servants and any other category of patients as agreed with Provincial Medical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in public health or equivalent at Masters level.
- At least two years’ experience at a grade immediately below the Medical Superintendent grade.
- Registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Management training
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than
8 August 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.