REPORTS TO: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
STATION: GWANDA PROVINCIAL HOSPITAL
CHIVHU GENERAL HOSPITAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to the Hospital Executive Committee, Departmental Heads and staff of the hospital in order to deliver quality medical care.
- Formulates and executes short and long term policies for the hospital in line with guidelines provided by the Provincial Medical Director.
- Monitors and evaluates services provided by the hospital regularly.
- Ensures cost effective and efficient use of all resources in the hospital and its satellite stations.
- Ensures effective management of clinical services and non-clinical support services.
- Effects sound human resources management and development i.e. ensure staff performance appraisals are done, identify staff development needs and training programmes etc.
- In consultation with the Provincial Medical Director ensures that Ministry of Health and Child Care and provincial health policies are adhered to.
- Performs clinical duties when necessary.
- Convenes medical boards required for civil servants and any other category of patients as agreed with Provincial Medical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in public health or equivalent at Masters level.
- At least two years’ experience at a grade immediately below the Medical Superintendent grade.
- Registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Management training
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 28 October 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.