DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
STATION: HEALTH SERVICE BOARD
Responsible and accountable for the General Manager Human Resources at the Health Service Board.
- Coordinating the development and reviewing of HRH policies, Circulars, General Letters, HRH Procedures and Induction Manuals in the Health Sector
- Guiding employees on HRH personnel policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with personnel policies and procedures and recommending improvements to personnel policies and procedures
- Administering the human resource management information system (HRMIS) for the Ministry of Health & Child Care (MoHCC)
- Responsible for Human Resources Planning and talent management systems to support present and future labour demands of the Health Service
- Responsible for career mobility, employee separation and exit management and maintaining and ensuring security, accuracy and completeness of employee personnel and benefits records.
- Coordinating and reviewing the Departmental work plan; assigning work activities, projects and programs and reviewing and evaluating work products, methods and procedures.
- Advising and coaching employees on personnel-related issues and assisting Heads of Departments and Sections in handling employee relations issues;
- Participating in the development of Department goals, objectives and systems;
- Liaising with other Departments, and outside agencies on human resources issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Administration plus a Diploma in Personnel/Human Resources Management or HND in Human Resources
- A Master’s degree in a Human Resources/ Business Administration/ Public Administration or any other relevant higher qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 6 years working experience as a Human Resources Officer of which two years should be at Principal level or equivalent.
- Policy development and review.
- Strong leadership ability, excellent written and verbal communications skills and organizational skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and management.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Able to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated decision making skills.