PROVINCIAL MATERNAL & CHILD HEALTH OFFICER (PMCHO)
REPORTS TO: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
STATION: (i) Manicaland Province
(ii) Harare Provincial Medical Directorate
(iii) Bulawayo Provincial Medical Directorate
(iv) Mashonaland East Province
(v) Mashonaland Central Province
- Coordinate the planning of family and child health programmes in the province and ensure their effective implementation at the operation level.
- Monitor and evaluate progress in the implementation of family and child health programmes and prepare regular progress reports.
- In consultation with the Principal Medical Director review, as appropriate, policies that affect implementation and outcome of the programme areas.
- Plan, organise and undertake in service and other appropriate training for health workers at the middles and senior levels.
- Promote, conduct and commission appropriate research on locally identifiable FCH problems.
- Mobilizing and equitably distributing FCH resources.
- Liaise as appropriate with provincial hospital specialist and other sector Ministries, NGOs, Parastatals and Donor Agencies on policy and other programme issues pertaining to FCH.
- Weekly work plan
- Timely costed monthly, quarterly, annual plans and reports which include input, output & outcome indicators; workshop.
- Performance appraisal reports
- Working within an approved budget
- Monthly human and financial status report including human resource training development plan
- Support and supervision schedules
- Safety of government assets/resources
- Client satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBChB degree from a reputable University.
- Post Graduate training in Public Health at Masters Level a must.(PED
- At least 3 years’ post-graduate work experience as a GMO.
- Recognized training in Family and Child Health Care, TB and HIV.
- Proficiency in Computer packages.
- Current registration with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 8 August 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.