DIRECTOR PATHOLOGY & LABORATORY SERVICES
GRADE : F
REPORTS TO : CHIEF DIRECTOR CURATIVE SERVICES
DIVISION : CURATIVE SERVICES
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
Responsible for assisting the Director in providing technical and managerial leadership in the delivery of Pathology and Laboratory Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of National Pathology and Laboratory Service policies, strategies, goals and objectives; and periodically
- Coordinating disease outbreak investigation and undertaking routine disease surveillance.
- Providing administrative support and professional advice on Pathology and Laboratory Services in the country
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative directives, guidelines and protocols with regards to Pathology and Laboratory Services.
- Developing materials for capacity building in disease surveillance, outbreak investigation and clinical laboratory services
- Providing mentorships and support supervision in clinical laboratory services, surveillance and disease outbreak investigations.
- Undertaking operational research in pathology and laboratory services
- Analysing laboratory data and produce periodic reports to inform policy.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of pathology and laboratory service delivery.
- Developing risk analysis and disease response plans.
- Leading in the establishment and monitoring of Biosafety and Biosecurity systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBChB, Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology/Science or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Pathology or a Clinical Laboratory discipline is a must
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, four (4) of which should be at management level
- Registration with a professional body
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.