CHIEF DIRECTOR CURATIVE SERVICES
HEAD OFFICE( MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND CHILD CARE)
Posted 4 months ago
GRADE : F
REPORTS TO : CHIEF DIRECTOR CURATIVE SERVICES
DIVISION : CURATIVE SERVICES
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
Responsible and accountable for the national pharmaceutical services and operations in the Ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearheading the formulation, review and implementation of pharmaceutical policies and regulations to guide public and private sectors.
- Coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national pharmaceutical service policies, strategies, goals and objectives; and to periodically review the relevance and adequacy of the same and take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Formulating and implementing protocols and standards as guides and initiate periodic review of the same as necessary.
- Monitoring adherence to the National Medicines Policy, the revision of EDLIZ as appropriate and adherence to guidelines for donations of medicines
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery methods and procedures and take appropriate action.
- Ensuring the development/application of an efficient national electronic medicines logistics management system
- Coordinate the quantification of national essential medicines and medical supplies
- Managing the development and administration of the department’s budget;
- Coordinating the development of pharmacy personnel training programmes
- Ensuring the availability of essential quality drugs and medical supplies (pharmaceuticals) at the right place and at all times.
- Managing and maintaining a medicines surveillance system in conjunction with the health information system.
- Liaising with the national medicines supply company and the Medicines Control Authority to ensure effective drug quality assurance program.
- Ensuring inter-departmental collaboration and effective contribution to regional and international organizations.
- Contributing to general health sector policy formulation, review and planning process.
- Preparing pharmaceutical monthly, quarterly, annual & other plans and reports.
- Degree in Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences or any other related field
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive Pharmacy working experience preferably encompassing administration in health services, two (2) years of which should be at Deputy Director level preferably in the health/ public service
- Registration with Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Experience in drugs supply management systems is an added advantage
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.