DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT
REPORTS TO: Secretary for Health & Child Care
STATION: Head Office
The incumbent will lead the Audit team in carrying out risk-based financial, operational and compliance audit programmes for the improvement of risk management, governance and control processes in the Ministry of Health and Child Care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the development of audit policies, strategies, plans and budgets and the implementation of annual strategic plans for audit programmes in the Ministry
- Ensuring the development and review of the Internal Audit Charter and Manual by the Accounting Officer
- Providing policy and technical guidance to Audit team and enforce conformity to Acts, Treasury Instructions, Circulars, standards and operating procedures (SOPs), International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and attendant Audit regulations
- Providing technical advice to the Accounting Officer on the improvement of operating systems and procedures in the Ministry.
- Overseeing the investigation and assessment of potential risks that hinder the provision of responsive service and designing safeguard measures against fraud and loss of Ministry assets
- Developing plans and budgets for Internal Audit and Risk Management programs in the Ministry
- Coordinating risk awareness initiatives amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Coming up comprehensive risk assessment strategy for the Ministry
- Liaising with local and international agencies to improve audit standards in the Ministry
- Facilitating performance appraisals, mentorship, capacity building and supervision for members within the Department and Ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors’ degree in Auditing and Risk Management /Accountancy/Finance
- Master’s degree in Auditing and Risk Management / Forensic Auditing/ Accounting/ Applied Accounting/ Professional Accounting and Corporate Governance/ Business Administration/Strategic Management/Leadership is a must
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Zimbabwe or equivalent is a must
- Professional qualification like full plus Full CIS/ACCA/ CIMA/CPA/CA (Z)/ IAC/SAAA is an added advantage
- Must have at least 6 years’ experience at senior management level
- Thorough knowledge of Public Service Accounting and Audit regulations and procedures as well as Public Finance Management System.
- Good leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and to work under pressure.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 28 October 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.