DIRECTOR ORAL HEALTH
REPORTS TO: CHIEF DIRECTOR CURATIVE SERVICES
STATION: MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND CHILD CARE HEAD OFFICE
The Director of Oral Health is Head of the Ministry’s Department of Oral Health Services who is responsible for the promotion, organization, expansion and smooth running of the national Government Dental Services.
- Advises the Ministry of Health and Child Care on all matters relating to the national oral health status and services.
- Ensures that all policies of the Ministry are strictly adhered to by the staff at the dental centres in the country.
- Ensures that the dental professional and technical staff maintain high standards of ethical conduct.
- Ensures that there is high professional and clinical standard of patient care at all government dental centres.
- Creates and promotes in-service training programmes for all levels of personnel in oral health and create pamphlets or booklets for oral health education.
- Ensures that there is efficient intra-departmental communication by holding periodic meetings with members of staff at various dental centres of different levels nationwide.
- Establishes and maintains a current schedule of dental fees for all procedures that are carried out in the department and ensure that they are strictly adhered to by all centres
- Liaison and continued relationship with partners to the Oral Health Services Department
- Lectures, on request, to professional organisations
- Leading and supervision of research which will lead to evidence based decision-making
The candidate aspiring for the post of Director of Oral Health Services should have the following:
- A Degree in Dentistry from a recognized university
- A relevant Masters’ Degree a must
- Post Graduate training preferably in dental public health or its equivalent an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience, preferably encompassing administration in health services.
- Registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 28 October 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.