DIRECTOR PHARMACY SERVICES
GRADE : F
REPORTS TO : CHIEF DIRECTOR CURATIVE SERVICES
DIVISION : CURATIVE SERVICES
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
Responsible and accountable for the national pharmaceutical services and operations in the Ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearheading the formulation, review and implementation of pharmaceutical policies and regulations to guide public and private sectors.
- Coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national pharmaceutical service policies, strategies, goals and objectives; and to periodically review the relevance and adequacy of the same and take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Formulating and implementing protocols and standards as guides and initiate periodic review of the same as necessary.
- Monitoring adherence to the National Medicines Policy, the revision of EDLIZ as appropriate and adherence to guidelines for donations of medicines
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery methods and procedures and take appropriate action.
- Ensuring the development/application of an efficient national electronic medicines logistics management system
- Coordinate the quantification of national essential medicines and medical supplies
- Managing the development and administration of the department’s budget;
- Coordinating the development of pharmacy personnel training programmes
- Ensuring the availability of essential quality drugs and medical supplies (pharmaceuticals) at the right place and at all times.
- Managing and maintaining a medicines surveillance system in conjunction with the health information system.
- Liaising with the national medicines supply company and the Medicines Control Authority to ensure effective drug quality assurance program.
- Ensuring inter-departmental collaboration and effective contribution to regional and international organizations.
- Contributing to general health sector policy formulation, review and planning process.
- Preparing pharmaceutical monthly, quarterly, annual & other plans and reports.
- Degree in Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences or any other related field
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive Pharmacy working experience preferably encompassing administration in health services, two (2) years of which should be at Deputy Director level preferably in the health/ public service
- Registration with Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Experience in drugs supply management systems is an added advantage
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 28 October 2022 to
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Send application and resume on the above email and also apply online below.